Software localization refers to a set of processes that adapt software for a foreign-language environment, such as an overseas market. Localization encompasses translation, but also involves many other issues, including:
- Support for character-based languages, such as Chinese, Japanese, and Korean
- Support for right-to-left scripts, such as Arabic and Farsi
- Use of different calendars
- Time zones
- Names and titles
- Weights and measures
- Cultural appropriateness
With its teams of translators, editors, programmers, designers, audio engineers and quality assurance personnel, Trans-Asia is the ideal solution for your software localization needs. From resource files through graphics, help files, packaging and audio-visual elements.
We are able to provide you with a comprehensive service that ensures your product works effectively in its foreign-language market.
Trans-Asia uses a three-stage process to complete software localization projects:
- We begin with an evaluation of your software, in which we talk to you about your needs and plan the project. We identify and inform you of any likely issues.
- We then extract, translate, adapt, and reintegrate all of the translatable elements from your software product.
- Finally, we undertake comprehensive testing of the reintegrated product, including regression testing and bug fixing, user interface testing, quality assurance testing, and taking localized screenshots.