Full and part time positions available, off site. Note that we do not have freelance positions available.
- Scaled based on experience, qualifications and productivity.
- Remuneration will be included in any offer made after we review your application and trial.
Trans-Asia has positions available for experienced translators able to work from Japanese into English, from English into Japanese, or both ways. We are especially looking for people with a background working with financial, legal or IT documents, although we welcome applications in all specializations. Translators who have experienced in writing English for reports, journal submissions and other publications are especially welcome.
This position is off-site, which means that you would be expected to work from your own home or office. The position is available on a full-time or part-time basis, with a minimum of three days per week availability expected. This should be especially attractive for translators who wish to enjoy the benefits of working from home while simultaneously guaranteeing an income. Please note that we do not work with J-E/E-J translators on a freelance basis.
Your base salary is calculated based on a scale that primarily reflects your experience and qualifications. We will advise you of your starting base salary in any offer we make after reviewing your application and your trial translations. If your productivity in any month exceeds your base quota, your salary will rise at a scaled rate. Again, you will be advised of this rate with any offer. We may also increase your base salary over time, as you become more familiar with the type of work we do.
We will forward you documents for translation primarily by fax or email, so successful applicants will have access to both. In rare cases, we may mail you the documents and/or references. In virtually all cases, we will expect you to return your completed translations to us via email.
You can find out more about our company from this site. We have been providing translation services since the beginning of the 1990s, and now serve more than 500 regular clients.
To apply for this position, please follow the instructions in the How to Apply section shown at right. If you have any questions about the position, please feel free to include them in your email, and we will respond.
The deadline for applications for the positions we currently have available. Please note because we are growing rapidly, we welcome applications from translators at any time, but we cannot always guarantee that positions will be immediately available.
About the Trials: We have chosen trials that closely reflect the work we actually do. Please note the following.
- These trials are not real jobs. To protect the confidentiality of our clients, they have been "manufactured." We have taken every care to ensure that the content is plausible.
- Experienced translators will know that one of the greatest difficulties in translation is lack of context. That applies with these trials, which have deliberately been prepared in "extract" format.
- You may include questions or comments in translated work, although we recommend that you don't overdo it. We believe that the ability to solve questions is part of the translator's skill set.
- Please assume that your readership consists of professionals in the subject matter.
- Please do not email us with questions about the trials.
How to Apply: To apply for this position, please follow the steps below.
- Download and complete at least two (2) trials from the appropriate selection below:
Trials Japanese to English: Trials English to Japanese:
- Attaching your CV and relative information then contact us via form below.
Your name and E-mail are required. Phone number is optional.